RIVERLAND BEEF CHEEKS (in just 30mins!)
Usually beef cheeks take 4-5 hours to full braise and turn into the tender, intensely beefy cut that people flock to in the winter months. We are really proud to offer our slow cooked beef cheeks as part of our winter range. They will take 4 hours out of the cooking process and give you an amazing product. Use them any way you like, but below is my simple recipe for red wine beef cheeks!
Ingredients (serves 4)
-4 Riverland Beef cheeks
-1 diced brown onion
– 2 cloves Garlic
-2 sprigs rosemary
-2 sprigs thyme
-1 cup dry red wine
1. Buy some of our already slow cooked beef cheeks from your closest Riverland Market
2. bring a pan to high heat on the stovetop and add a good glug of olive oil and the diced onion. When translucent , add 2 whole peeled garlic cloves, 2 sprigs rosemary and 2 sprigs thyme.
3. when the garlic starts to caramelise, add one cup red wine and reduce by half
4. Remove the cheeks from their packaging and place them along with the liquid in the packet into a casserole or oven proof dish. pour over the red wine reduction, including the garlic and herbs
5. place in oven @180 Celsius , uncovered, for 25 mins, turning the cheeks over at half way.
6. Remove from the tray and serve with as much or as little of the red wine reduction as you like!
Recipe by Brendan Langfield