This recipe is extremely simple. It combines the robust flavours of Southern American cooking, with cheap and delicious pork cutlets. The salsa is a little like a stir fry, in that its all about preparation. have everything chopped and set aside, so the cook process is quick and easy.
– 1 tbsp smoked paprika
– 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp ground sage
– 1/2 tsp sea salt (eg flakes)
– 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
– 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
– 2 large pork chops/cutlets
– 2 cobs of fresh corn
– 1 red capsicum
– 1 cucumber
– 1 lemon
– 250g greek yoghurt
– 2 tbsp butter
1. Combine all the dry spices in mix well to create the cajun seasoning
2. Sprinkle the seasoning thoroughly and evenly over the pork cutlets, set aside.
3. remove kernels from the corn cobs, set aside
4. dice the capsicum and cucumber, set aside
5. remove the zest from the lemon and dice as finely as you can. Stir about 2 heaped tsp of zest through the greek yoghurt, set aside.
6. heat a non stick pan on high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. When hot, add the seasoned pork cutlets. Cook on each side for roughly 2 minutes. Cook it like you would cook a steak, and don’t be scared about a little pink, pork is best served medium!
7. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp butter until melted. Add the corn kernels and cook until tender (roughly 2 minutes). When tender , add cucumber and capsicum. Toss the pan to warm the ingredients through – do not cook for too long, this is just to warm the other ingredients!
8. Remove the pork from the pan and rest for 2 minutes. Serve with the lemon yoghurt and warm salsa!